Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Fave book list: non-fiction

Since I have a few peeps who share my love for books, I wanted to post my fave book lists starting with non-fiction titles.

1. In the Spirit of Crazy Horse by Peter Matthiessen. (Amazing true story).

2. Please Kill Me by Legs McNeil and Gillian McCain. (Definitive history of punk rock by those who experienced it).

3. Redemption Song- The Ballad of Joe Strummer by Chris Salewicz. (Heartbreaking bio of the Clash front man).

4. The Power of Myth by Joseph Campbell.

5. Black Elk Speaks by John Neihardt and Nicholas Black Elk.
( One of the most powerful, spiritual and moving books I've ever read).

6. Touching from a Distance by Deborah Curtis. (The story of the life and tragic death of Ian Curtis, front man of Joy Division, written by his wife).

7. Silent Spring by Rachel Carson. ( I read this as a teenager and I remember being so shocked that people would allow this kind of damage to be done to our environment and ecosystems).

8. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson.

9. American Indian Myths and Legends by Richard Erdoes and Alphonso Ortiz. (A great resource for Native American stories and legends).

10. The Basketball Diaries by Jim Carroll.

Feel free to add your faves to comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment